Saturday, October 14, 2023

Why your voice sounds SO different to you on playback

 I was recently reminded about this phenomenon when a friend of mine visited my studio to record a few demo intro tracks. David has a wonderful South African accent and I asked if he wouldn't mind helping me out. He said, "Sure, no problem." After the very brief recording session, he came out of the booth to watch me edit the tracks and hear his takes through my monitors. He noted how it's always strange to hear your recorded voice, because it sounds so different from how we hear ourselves through our heads.

Here's a link to "Why we hate hearing our own voices."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and checking out my blog!

Random thoughts about Mom and a crazy "safari"

 Mother's Day is fast upon us on May 12th, and SO many memories come to mind when I think about Mom. Hard to believe it's been 9 yea...