Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Arm robbery

What a laugh I got this morning when I read that someone had returned a stolen arm to one of my favorite breakfast places in San Francisco, "Lefty O'Doul's."  "A stolen arm?" you screech. "What's so funny about that?" (But wait, there's more!). Lefty was a legendary baseball player for numerous clubs and a manager of the old San Francisco Seals. (Yep, we're talking a long time ago.)

I often go here for a great meal before heading out to walk on the weekend, but I had no idea that poor Lefty's arm had been stolen three years ago. Well, not exactly his arm, but that of a Lefty mannequin that was near one of the front entrances. Not only was it stolen, it was taken on quite an adventure before being shipped back to the restaurant in a box this last Tuesday. Read the amusing tale and wonderful outcome here.

No comments: